Gain your edge with an interview practice session!
You have the interview scheduled and it’s your time to shine. You have come a long way in the job search process. Know that you are probably one of a just a few selected for an interview out of dozens who applied for the position. Congratulations!
It’s time to prepare! The following tips will help you move to the next step in the selection process.
- Be on time! Whether it is a phone interview or in-person, you must go the extra mile to be on time and ready to engage. Give yourself plenty of prep time, whether it’s driving or preparing the space in your home or office for a phone interview.
- Read the job posting just prior to the interview – even if you have already read it. Compare your resume to the requirements. Re-read your cover letter.
- Make notes on specific accomplishments you have had in previous jobs that are listed as requirements in the job posting.
- Research the company! Read the entire website and any press releases available. Read the blog. Google is your friend! Be prepared to ask questions that show you did your research.
- Research the LinkedIn Profiles of hiring managers and other key stakeholders in the organization.
- Practice! Grab a friend who has the experience to act as a hiring manager or purchase A New Day Career Services Interview Practice Service for professional results.
Remember, nervousness is good. That means you care. The way through it is practice. As you review and practice answering and asking questions, your confidence will grow.